- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Artémise Ploegearts_yellow
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Astrid Latz
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Elisabeth Schilling_3
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Jasmin Schaitl1
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Lynn Theisen
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Magdalena Thielen
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Matěj Frank_final
- EXHIBITION_Vorstellung Ruben Pest4
- Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-16 um 21.38.53
- Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-28 um 14.06.08
- Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-28 um 14.06.25
- Bildschirmfoto 2018-12-28 um 14.06.34
The exhibition ‚Man muss das Leben tanzen. Tanz. Körper. Kunst. Wechselbeziehungen‘ was initiated and curated by Manfred Geis, member of the Landtag of Rhineland-Palatinate (who founded the exhibition series> Art in the Delegates Office <and to date initiated and supervised almost 100 exhibitions), as well as Elisabeth Schilling, originally from Rhineland-Palatinate and internationally working dancer and choreographer.
It presents a broad spectrum of artistic works that deal with the topic of dance in a variety of ways. Represented are artists from all over Europe, who have developed different forms of expression through live performance, film, drawing, sculpture, woodblock prints and photography, interacting with the art form of dance. The individual interpretations of the theme of the exhibition opens up a perspective on the diverse aesthetics and perspectives of the contemporary art scene.
Exhibited are works by Matej Frank (PL/CZ), Artémise Ploegearts (F/NL), Magdalena Thielen (D), Lynn Theisen (LUX), Jenny Fitz (D), Eunsun Cho (KOR/D), Martin Lilkendey (D), Astrid Latz (D) temporary: Jasmin Schaitl (A), Marcus Coates und Henry Montes (UK), Ruben Pest (NL).
Vernissage on 30th August 2018:
Prof. Dr. Claudius Geisler ( Head of AdW Mainz)
Staatssekretär Prof. Dr. Salvatore Barbaro (Cultural Ministry RLP)
Erik Raskopf (State theater Mainz)
Nele Lipp (KOÏNZI-DANCE e. V., specialist on dance and visual art)
The exhibition runs until 23rd January 2019.
Until the end of the year symposia and workshops on the subject of dance will take place during the exhibition. Information can be found at www.adwmainz.de
A catalogue with a presentation of all artists and art works as well as an essay by Dr. Nele Lipp can be aquired upon personal request.
Supported by LOTTO Stiftung RLP.